Mythbuster: I currently took a trip of USC, so I shouldn’t go to an Explore program.
The Myth: I gone to the campus for the tour before, so I don’t have to visit as a student that is admitted.
The Verdict: Regardless if you’ve visited campus, it’s helpful to go to as an admitted student as you consider your admission offer.
Just what a time that is wonderful of! Admitted students recently heard that they are component of the Trojan Family and today it’s time for students to make the important decision of where you should head to college. At USC, we have numerous programs for pupils to get one last look before they make their choice.
Often times pupils may think it’s useless in the future to campus in April should they went on a trip their junior or senior year. But, it can absolutely be worth your time to check out campus inside the context as an admitted student. Once you take a tour as a potential student, you are coming to campus to think about using to USC. Is this a chance? May I see myself here? What information do I need to know about applying?
Visiting campus as an admitted student is a completely various feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this point, USC is totally a possibility. We’ve extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to take a serious and look that is close. Where would I be residing? That would be my classmates? Which professors is going to be teaching my classes? What communities will we join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and begin to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! You are able to sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half day programs), or Admitted Student Day during your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We may be visiting a populous city near you! We realize that visiting campus might be logistically difficult, but you want to be certain to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can be made at also you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! On behalf of the Office of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We desire to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: we’ve been admitted to spring, so I’m waitlisted
The Myth: we’m a spring admit, so I’m basically waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every USC admits students to the spring semester, expecting to enroll about 300-500 of those students year. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And while we might be able to move some of the pupils to the autumn semester, spring admission isn’t a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
So just why do it is done by us? Well, every we know there will be students leaving in the spring semester by either graduating early or studying abroad year. We also possess a competitive admission process at USC, and we can never acknowledge most of the wonderful students who connect with USC. So spring admission allows us to admit even more of the incredible pupils we want at USC because we realize we will have more space available in the springtime semester.
Spring admits are not any less important to USC than students admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after two or more semesters of college elsewhere. Spring admits are as much USC students as any other Trojan, and they are wanted by us at USC as some other Trojan. Coming to USC in the spring allows you to start your college experience in an unique way. You can ease in to the college transition by taking classes at a neighborhood college. You are able to explore the world through a research abroad program. You can even take a break from the grind and enjoy a months that are few of college!
You should visit our website at www.usc.edu/springadmit when you yourself haven’t done so already. You will find lots of details about the resources we have for our spring admits ranging from course planning for the fall to purchasing USC football season tickets.
That you are an accomplished student and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family if you are a spring admit, please know. We look ahead to welcoming you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with decisions. In the event that you haven’t already, don’t panic. We will contact everyone else by June 1st with either a request spring grades or even a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For the people of you have currently been admitted, or are wondering exactly what the steps that are next be in the event that you are admitted, this web site’s for you personally.
- In your letter of admission, you have probably noticed that it says you’ll want to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of getting your admission page. This means, in the event that you receive the admission decision before June 1st, you have until June 1st to choose. If you get the page after June 1st, you have actually two days to submit the deposit and form.
- Fill in the FAFSA and also the CSS profile ASAP, if not already completed. We usually do not wish your ability to agree to USC become held up by school funding. The sooner these documents are had by us, the quicker we can enable you to get the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not fully guaranteed for transfer students, there is some availability. The sooner you apply, the higher the chances. You can submit your housing application before the dedication deposit. USC additionally has student that is off-campus, so do not forget to check those options also.
- Register for Orientation 5-7 company days after your submit your commitment deposit. You shall receive an email aided by the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your own most recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you are a Trojan!
Of program, our company is constantly ready to help. So if you want anything, please just call us!